17 June 2010

If I Were on Deathrow

Listening to my guilty pleasure, Radio From Hell (on X96), it was brought up that Mr. Gardener, an evil man, had his last meal last night as he wants to then fast before he is executed by a firing squad. He had something disgusting like lobster and butter.

As I reflected on that being a disgusting last meal, I then started to think of what MY last meal would be.  True, I will never have a 'last meal', at least not one I will be aware of as being my last, but IF I had the option......

Appetizer:
 Steamed wontons from Jasmine

Main Course:
 Sesame Chicken from Jasmine (this stuff is like BUTTER! I would have two orders because hello, I'm dying so who cares about calories!!)

And:
Fresh wheat bread from Great Harvest (to help soak up the goodness that is the sesame chicken)

The infamous broccoli salad that my family was raised on.  I freaking love this, plus, it will give me my vegetable/fruit requirement for the day.

For Dessert:
My mother's homemade cinnamon rolls.  These things RULE!

And:
The best cheesecake ever from Carnegie Deli in NY! It did take three of us to eat this one slice, but if it's my last meal, I'll take one for the team and eat it by myself!

To Wash it all Down:
Tepid Water

And:
Ice Cold with lots of Limes!

Note:  Most of this is laden with gluten, but hello....if it's my last meal, I will be dead before the pain attacks start so bring on the gluten!!!

4 comments:

Taylor and Melissa said...

Love it! Taylor and I were talking about this too and he said he would eat like ten 1/2 pound bean and cheese burritos from Del Taco in an attempt to explode when he was killed. Nice huh!

cristie said...

food for thought? xox

laninaki said...

Man....that cheesecake was awe.some.

Patty Norman said...

I think I would like to be invited to this amazing meal, but not if it was your last one! But, on a serious note, are you still able to eat the broccoli salad?