03 June 2010

The Latest Endeavor

Getting ready to attend school for a second master's degree is a bit overwhelming.  Packing up my classroom, after five years in the same room, is a pain in the neck (or back in my case), figuring what I will and will not need in school, and working at the hospital all in the same week/weekend has slightly stressed me out.

Oh, and my back has been hurting for the past week (stupid falling off the step-ladder while painting) so I of course can't even lift up to my 20lb limit.  Went to the doctor yesterday for the meds, I am determined to not have surgery again, and he stated, "You are not to pick anything up or do anything for the next four weeks!"  Sheesh, even after I explained my life for the next year, he just looked at me and stared.  Okay, okay, I get it.  I will do nothing.

Thank goodness my brother Mike helped me move out my room today, and mom is helping me organize for the weekend haul up North.  I of course feel stupid as I can't even carry my bag as it is sort of too much right now.  A student asked me today, when I dropped a pen and I asked them to pick it up for me, "Are you handicapped now or what?"

For the next four weeks, yes I am.  I hope my grad class and professor are ready for the giant girl standing in the back of the room all day.

What in the world was I thinking when I decided to do this.

Oh yeah, I needed to be occupied and have options for my career and be SUPER busy so I don't focus on the loser ex who should have been the guy I originally fell in love with and should have been marrying me in a week!

*Disclaimer: not really able to write grammatically correct, nor witty, as I'm a bit medicated at the moment :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Will this give you three degrees from three different colleges in Utah?